Accountancy and Financial Management-I, F.Y.B.Com. Semester-I has been exclusively designed as per
the syllabus w.e.f. 2016-17 prescribed by Mumbai University for B.Com students. This book has been written
in easy-to-understand language and covers all relevant level of knowledge expected for undergraduate
students and at the same time meeting th..
1.Accounting from Incomplete Records:-IntroductionProblems on preparation of final accounts of Proprietary Trading Concern(conversion method)
2 Consignment Accounts:-Accounting for consignment transactions Valuation of stock Invoicing of goods at higher price(excluding overriding commission,normal/abnormal losses)
3 Branch Accounts:-Meaning/ Clas..
1 Partnership Final Accounts based on Adjustment of Admission or Retirement/Death of a Partner during the year
2 Piecemeal Distribution of Cash
3 Amalgamation of Firms
4 Conversion / Sale of a Partnership Firm into a Ltd. Company..
1. To highlight the role of advertising for the success of brands and its importance within
the marketing function of a company.
2. It aims to orient learners towards the practical aspects and techniques of advertising.
3. It is expected that this course will prepare learners to lay down a foundation for
advanced post-graduate cou..
Course Objective: 1. To highlight the role of advertising for the success of brands and its importance within the marketing function of a company. 2. It aims to orient learners towards the practical aspects and techniques of advertising. 3. It is expected that this course will prepare learners to lay down a foundation for advanced post- raduate co..
Content:- 1. Concept of Communication : Models of Communication - Linear/ Interactive / Transactional / Shannon and Weaver (to be only discussed in class) Meaning, Definition, Process, Need, Feedback 2 Impact of technology Enabled Communication : Types - Internet, Blogs, E-Mail, Moodle, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter & Whats'app Advantages and D..
1.Scope and Importance of Business Economics - basic tools- Opportunity Cost principle- Incremental and
Marginal Concepts. Basic economic relations - functional relations.
.2.Demand Function - Nature of demand curve under different markets
3.Collegeion Function: Short run analysis with Law of Variable Proportions- Collegeion function wit..
An overall approach to macroeconomics is to examine the economy as a whole. This course is an introduction to the basic analytical tools of macro economics to evaluate macro economic conditions such as inflation, unemployment and growth. It is designed to make system of overall economy understandable and relevant. The aim is to provide a clear expl..
Public Finance Issues are central to economic and Political discourse worldwide, as one of the primary functions of government is to generate resources from its people to spend money for improving the lives of its people. The
primary objective of this course is to provide students with the tools to understand the underlying concepts and
1. Introduction 2. Demand Analysis 3. Supply and Production Decisions 4. Market structure : Perfect competition and Monopoly and Pricing and Output Decisions under Imperfect Competition 5. Pricing Practices...
• To provide a conceptual study about the framework of Indian Business Laws.
• To orient students about the legal aspects of business
• To familiarize the students with case law studies related to Business Laws of Semester III and IV...
Content:- 1.Business -Introduction : Concept, Functions, Scope and Significance of business, Traditional and Modern Concept of business 2.Business Environment- Introduction : Concept and Importance of business environment, Inter-relationship between Business and Environment. Constituents of business Environment : Internal and External Environment..
• To make the learners aware about conceptual knowledge and evolution of Management.
• To familiarize the learners with the functions in Management.
1 Introduction To Management
2 Planning & Decision Making
4 Directing And Controlling..
Course Objectives: -
1. To acquaint the learners with the basic concepts of Production Management,
Inventory Management &Quality Management.
2. To provide basic knowledge about Indian Financial Systems.
3. To update the learners with the recent trends in Finance...
MODULE - I : Data Communication, Networking and Interneta. Data Communications and Internetb. Network Basics and Infrastructurec. InternetMODULE - II : Database and MySQa. Introduction to MYSQLb. MySQL BasicsMODULE - III : Database and MySQLa. MySQL Simple queriesb. Multi-Table Queriesc. Nested Queries (Only upto two levels)MODULE - IV : Spread She..
Content:-1 Preparation of Final Accounts of Companies
2 Internal Reconstruction 3 Buy Back of Shares 4 Investment Accounting (w.r.t. Accounting Standard- 13) 5 Ethical Behaviour and Implications for Accountants..
1. Final Accounts of Co-operative Housing Society
2.Ascertainment and Treatment of Profit Prior to Incorporation
3. Valuation of Goodwill and Shares
4. Accounting for Translation of Foreign Currency Transactions vide AS 11
5. Buy Back of Equity Shares..
1. Valuation of Goodwill and Shares (15 Lectures)
Valuation of Goodwill
Maintainable Profit Method, Super Profit Method, Capitalization Method, Annuity Method
Valuation of Shares
Intrinsic Value Method, Yield Method and Fair Value Method
2. Buy-back of Equity Shares (15 Lectures)
Company Law / Legal Provisions (including related Restrictions, Powe..